Clint began his career in insurance with the Gans & Smith Insurance Agency in Longview, Texas in the fall of 1972 after graduating from Stephen F. Austin University with a Bachelor of Science degree in General Business. His college studies had been interrupted in 1968 by service for three years in the U.S. Army as a Cobra helicopter pilot in the Viet Nam war (1970) where he earned 32 combat air medals.
After college, Clint became licensed in both real estate and insurance, but settled on insurance as a career. Over the years, he has held numerous licenses and has garnered a great deal of experience which translates well in his classes for the benefit of his students.
- General Lines Property & Casualty
- General Lines Life, Health, & HMO
- Securities Series 6
- Risk Manager
- Independent insurance agency owner
- Certified Insurance Counselor
- International brokerage agent
- MGA Senior Underwriter
- MGA Marketing Manager
- Risk management consultant
- Helped form HMO risk retention & self-funded groups
- Helped form an offshore captive insurance company
- Senior insurance instructor rated to teach property & casualty, life & health, securities, and adjusters licensing courses
- Sold real estate